Firstgear Kathmandu Jacket
A serious jacket for serious Adventure Touring, the Kathmandu has enough features to satisfy even the most serious rider. The adjustability of the Kathmandu Jacket allows for a personalized fit, such as the collar using a slider snap with up to 1.5″ of play and the straps at the waist, biceps and forearms proving a body-hugging fit, no matter what base layers you are wearing. The multiple large vents help to keep you cool and comfortable, no matter the temperature fluctuations.
- Dynamic fit: Athletic, dynamic, out-of-the-saddle fit
- HYPERTEX waterproof and breathable outer shell, constructed of 420 denier rip-stop nylon and 300 denier high density nylon, durable and lightweight for ease of movement
- Fully adjustable D3O T5 CE Armor in the shoulders and elbows delivers the same protection as standard CE foam armor, but is thinner and more flexible, resulting in a more comfortable fit
- EVA dense foam back pad included
- Collar closure utilizes a slider snap that allows up to 1-1/2” adjustment for a personal fit
- Integrated into the collar is an under-the-helmet rain hood to keep water from running down your neck
- 1.5 liter hydration bladder included in removable backpack
- Front left and right restraining loops for bladder tube make access easy
- Achieve maximum air flow with two – 8” vertical chest intake vents, two – 9” armpit intake vents and two – 9” vertical rear exhaust vents.
- Double storm flap front with snap and hook/loop closure that covers a #8 YKK Vislon two-way main zipper to keep out the elements
- Dry Pockets will keep your stash dry – four front ones with flaps, protected by YKK #5 rubberized zippers on the chest and envelope closures on the bottom pockets.
- Large rear dry pouch with 14” mouth to stow insulated liner or personal property, protected by waterproof zipper and flap with spring snaps and hook/loop closure to keep it all intact and safe from the elements
- Reflective taping front and back increases nighttime visibility
- Adjustable waist belt with hook and loop closure
- Elbow and underarm waterproof and breathable stretch material for increased flexibility also diminishes binding
- Compression straps on the bicep and forearm adjusts to fit you
- Adjustable cuff uses hook and loop closure for a custom fit
- Removable, fully insulated, thermal liner with wind blocking, adjustable, neoprene cuffs to block out the cold
- Interior pocketing in all Firstgear jackets are in the same location, whether the liner is in or out. On the left side, chest high is a mobile device pocket with flap closure using hook and loop to secure – On the right side is a cargo pocket that is 12” wide and 8” tall to hold whatever you need for the adventure ahead
- Jacket- to-pant 10” full zipper; fits easily through liner portal and attaches to overpants
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
Note: Pants sold separately. If you are between sizes, we recommend ordering one size smaller.
|Size||Chest (in)||Waist (in)||Arm (in)||Arm – Tall (in)|
|SM||34 – 36||28 – 30||32.5 – 33|
|MD||38 – 40||32 – 34||33.5 – 34|
|LG||42 – 44||36 – 38||34.5 – 35||36 – 37.5|
|XL||46 – 48||40 – 42||35.5 – 36||37 – 37.5|
|2XL||50 – 52||44 – 46||36.5 – 37||38 – 38.5|
|3XL||54 – 56||48 – 50||37 – 37.5||38.5 – 39|
|4XL||58 – 60||52 – 54||37.5 – 38||39 – 39.5|